Re: CUPS in unstable?

Hi,

Ryan Cumming <bodnar42@phalynx.dhs.org> writes:
>   On a freshly updated Debian unstable, cupsys refuses to do anything
> interesting. Attempting to print to my HP Deskjet 660C results in the printer
> printing the message "Unknown device: hpdj" and quitting. Using the alternate
> driver for the Deskjet 660C causes the printer not to print anything at all.
> I have cupsys and cupsomatic-ppd installed, and these results are
> reproducable from the web frontend, KDE Printer Configuration (using
> kdelibs3-cups) and printing from any app.

This has little to do with CUPS.  It has everything to do with the
GhostScript upgrade.  The new GS no longer has a device named 'hpdj'.
What filter package do you have installed?  I have magicfilter, and I
had to change the dj590c-filter file to use 'cdj590' or something like
that.  Ideally, we should have the Official HP Drivers (hpijs)
packaged up -- then we could use the 'D6xx' driver for GS instead.

- Hari