Re: Reiser and IP Masq kernel2.4.12

* Lance Hoffmeyer (lance@augustmail.com) [011020 14:38]:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 07:03:04PM -0200, Michel Loos wrote:
> > On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:
> > > Does anyone have IP Masq setup using a Reiser FS and kernel
> > > 2.4.12.  I setup IP Masq one night with kernel 2.4.12 when I had a
> > > ext2 FS on my router.  It worked fine.  The next day I reinstalled
> > > my system using Reiser FS.  I installed the same kernel.deb that I
> > > used the previous night and now I cannot MASQ my computers.  The
> > > network works.  I can ping router->workstation,
> > > router->outside,workstation->router, but I cannot ping
> > > workstation->outside.  If I cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward it
> > > returns 0 even though I set all of the iptable rules to forward.
> > You have to do a
> > cat 1> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
> > in order to activate the forwarding iptables just sets the rules
> Sorry, I did that too.  I just didn't mention it.

(I reordered these replies to put them in top-down order)

This doesn't add up. If you've put a 1 in ip_forward, catting it should
give you back a 1, not a 0. A clean way to make this happen every time
networking is enabled is to open up /etc/network/options and make sure
you have a line that says "ip_forward=yes" . Then /etc/init.d/networking
will do the cat for you every time it brings up the networking systems.

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.