beeps

Every so often, say once an hour or so, my Celeron 400
server runnng Debian unstable emits three short beeps.  They
sound quite similar to the error beeps that occur on system
start-ups, although this system boots and seems to operate
just fine.  I'm not sure if this is a feature of software
I'm running, peculiar to this particular hardware or what.
If anyone has any ideas what it might be, I'd certainly
appreciate your satisfying my curiosity.