I need Exim skills!

I already posted a similar question to the exim-user group, but no one seemed to be able to give me a clear cut example. I am running Debian Potato and am looking to configure about 5 different domain names to use mail, ftp, and web. I have the web and ftp covered, but the mail is giving me a serious aneurysm.

I actually have the oreilly exim book, but it fails to mention the difference. What is the difference between using multiple local domains or using several virtual domains? Again, I plan on using 5 domains with an average of 10 users per domain. If I create local user accounts, I can control FTP and Web usage easily, but mail has me stumped.

You can reply directly to me to skip posting it to the group. Thanks.