Re: Debian 'woody' + Kernel 2.4.12 recompile + modules

Osamu Aoki wrote:

On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 10:44:08PM +1000, Tim Kane wrote:

I've succesfully compiled and booted with kernel 2.4.12 without a problem. The issue I have is with missing modules.
This is due to kernel/modutil incompatibility.  There was report in
debian-devel ML.  In short, stable kernel changed it header file.  So
binutils compiled with older 2.4 kernel header file will not function
properly.  Your options are one of followings:

1) remove offending module by "rm" and use modutils
2) Wait for newer binutil in unstable and install it.

You are using "testing" so expect some minor glich like this.

Cheers.

What exactly is the last known good header file?
I have 2.4.9 and am not sure it's a valid one or not. But your email implies that there are some 2.4 versions that are still going to work.