Re: X doesn't run -- fixed font not found

--- buggz <buggz@america.net> wrote:
> I just did an apt-get install --reinstall
xfonts-base
> Mine is STILL broked, sigh...
>
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, khromy wrote:
> > I got this too.. apt-get install xfonts-base fixed
> > it though..
> >  Ed June

apt-get install --reinstall <all-my-fonts-packages>
was NOT enough for me either.
What fixed mine was (I think):

Purge all xfonts packages, and reinstall them.
Removing them was not enough, as they leave some
configuration files.  Particularly, there are some
.alias files under /etx/X11/fonts.  update-fonts-alias
only concatenates these.  I suspect one of these
files got corrupted.

cheers,
  adam