Re: webmin install failure

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Kevin C. Smith wrote:

> Running SID
> apt-get install webmin-ssl webmin-core
> The installation failed to create /etc/webmin/miniserv.users
> So, unable to access webmin, since there are no users....
> Any ideas on how to create this file?
>
> I tried ./changepass.pl /etc/webmin root password, but this would not
> work without root being defined as a user first.

I've just uploaded new packages which fix this (and  a couple of other
little problems I've noticed in the process.)  They should show up in the
archive in a day or two.

BTW, you really ought to use the bug tracking system
(http://bugs.debian.org/) for things like this.  I don't read debian-user
on a regular basis.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>