Re: Need help with Telnet

Should be:

telnet stream tcp nowait telnetd.telnetd /usr/sbin/tcpd
                                                 /usr/sbin/in.telnetd

(all one line).

There/s no /usr/sbin/telnet, or in.telnet. There's /usr/bin/telnet (the
outgoing client), irrelevant here, and /usr/sbin/in.telnetd, the right
choice. tcpd is an absolute must if you're using telnet -- make sure you
deny access to all but the most trusted hosts.

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA