Problem installing X

Hey all, it's me again :P

I've sorted out the mail problem...turned out to be permissions
on /var/spool/mail, exim couldn't write into it.

Anyway, my main problem now is that I can't install X.

I need to put on X4.1.0 as I have a GeForce 2MX/400 card,
so I have compiled it (after a small hiccup) and now when
I am trying to install it, I am getting this error:

/bin/sh: c++: command not found

Now, I checked packages.debian.org and installed the
package which said it had c++ in it, but I am still
getting this error.

Actually, as I write this I am thinking that this maybe
a missing symlink problem?

What do you all think

--
Stuart