Re: Why no man pages?

On approximately Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 04:50:55PM -0400, Ken Mead wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have yet to find a fix for this problem I am experiencing. I have a
> testing box without any man pages(command)!
>
> When i run the man command I get this error back:
>
> "bash: man: command not found"
>
> However, I do have directories in /usr/man/...?

Although it would be strange, it is possible that you don't have it in your
path.  I have man* in /usr/bin.  Maybe you should check if /usr/bin/ is in your
path.  Or try typing /usr/bin/man.

Josh

--
Linux, the choice                | There is no opinion so absurd that some
of a GNU generation       -o)    | philosopher will not express it.   --