Re: download directories in ftp?

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Rohan Deshpande wrote:

> Just wondering if there was a way to download full directories and their
> contents from remote places in the program 'ftp'.  In the directory
> containing the directories and the contents that I want, i tried 'get *'
> but it wouldn't work .. any ideas?

Wrong tool for the job.  Go check out wget and it's man page.  You're
probably looking for somehting along the lines of

$ wget -mirror ftp://user:pass@ftp.whatever.org/your/path/here/

Optionally, you can add a -quiet flag and amp it off to the background.
Be sure you execute this in the directory you want the files to be in
before you start.

--
Baloo