Help configuring debconf

Thak you, I got back my French keyboard.

But now I have another problem : while trying to configure debconf (and the other packages depending on debconf),
the configuring script issues the message "Debconf is running in web mode. Go to http://localhost:8001."
Then the script seems to stop, maybe waiting for the answers to the questions to be given at the port 8001.
Of course, since I have not installed debconf, I cannot install lynx or other http client, which seems to
depend on debconf.

Now, I would like to reconfigure debconf  to be installed in normal (text) mode, and not in http mode.
I tried dpkg-preconfigure and dpkg-reconfigure without any result.

Can anybody help me ?

Petru