RE: Woody: X won't start after upgrade to 4.1

On 15 Oct 01, at 15:47, David Harrigan wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> This posting from previous:
>
> Victor Julien wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I use xserver-xfree86-4.1.0-7 the startx command crashes right after
> the
> > X screen was set up. The xinit command works correct. Going back to
> 4.1.0-6
> > solves the problem.
> >
> > My setup:
> > Debian testing
> > Nvidia card using the nvidia drivers 1.0-1541
> >
> > Victor
> >

> Probably Branden Robinson's comment applies
>
> > There is a bug in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/99xfree86-common_start in 4.1.0-7:
> >
> > Change:
> >
> > exec "$REALSTARTUP"
> >
> > to:
> >
> > exec $REALSTARTUP
> >
> > -- G. Branden Robinson | Never attribute to malice that Debian
> GNU/Linux | which can be adequately explained branden@debian.org | by
> stupidity. http://people.debian.org/~branden/

> The views expressed in this E-mail are those of the author and not necessarily those of Knowledge Management Software.
> If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this E-mail in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.
>
> If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify us by forwarding this E-mail to the following address:
>
> mailadmin@kmsoftware.com

<snip>
Thanks! That was it.

I saw the earlier post but did not write it down. I use
Netscape/Mozilla for mail so could not access it with X down. A
search of the archive failed to find it.

Cheating a bit I know but I have dual boot with NT4.0 and posted
my problem with Pegasus.

Thanks again.

Tim