Re: a challenge

As I was mulling this over today (wandering aimlessly through the NC state
fair), I realized that I had done something vaguely similar with a totally
different strategy. Essentially, I heavily restricted write permissions to
the directory where the tokens were to be *stored*, and had access to them
(read and write) managed by a daemon, listening on an internet and/or unix
domain socket.  Therefore, the tokens themselves could be simple
timestamps, and security was handled by the regular unix file permissions
scheme.  Clients requesting a token connected to the socket and were
returned a token; users couldn't manipulate the tokens because they
couldn't touch the files.

ap

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA