RE: how to downgrade a package and set it to hold in dselect ?

On 18-Oct-2001 tim haegele wrote:
> hello all
>
> topic says all.......
>
> I like to downgrade binutils from version 2.11.92.0.5-3 to 2.11.92.0.5-2 .
> How can I do this? Can it be done using dselect?

you need to find the deb for the older version and install it with dpkg.  Once
this is done do:

# echo "binutils hold"|dpkg --set-selections

Or to hold something in dselect, select it and use the '=' key.

dselect will only show you the latest version of a package.  In fact the
version you want may no longer exist.

-----
We have buried the putrid corpse of Liberty. -- Benito Mussolini