MySQL 3.23.xx on Potato

--- Received from FPU.SHEPHD 799 3663                        18-10-01 09:50       ------------------

  -> IN=debian-user@lists.debian.org

Can anyone help me getting MySQL 3.23.xx running on Potato.

I found this mail in the archive from Mar 2001...

> Use 'apt-get source' on the Debian mysql packages, and
> 'dpkg-buildpackage' to build them; if you have the right development
> packages, this will create .debs compiled for your system, which you can
> then go ahead and install.

Can someone be a bit more specific, which MySQL packages I should 'apt-get source'?
how do I 'dpkg-buildpackage' them?

I've noticed that Testing/Woody has v3.23 is it feasible to get the packages from there or will that
trigger off a load of dependency issues.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave

PS. Apologies about the long disclaimer

This e-mail may contain confidential information and/or copyright
material. This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee
only. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful.

If you receive this e-mail by mistake please advise the sender
immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software.

Friends Provident Marketing Group consists of the following
companies:

Friends Provident Life and Pensions Limited.
Registered number 4096141.
Friends' Provident Unit Trust Managers Limited.
Registered number 970641
FP Life Assurance Limited.
Registered number 782698
Friends Provident Pensions Limited.
Registered number 475201
Friends Ivory & Sime Managed Pensions Funds Limited.
Registered number 1020044
Registered and Head Office of each of the above companies is at Pixham End,
Dorking, Surrey RH4 1QA.
Registered in England. Incorporated companies limited by shares.
Ivory & Sime Trustlink Limited. Registered number 151198
Registered and Head Office: One Charlotte Square, Edinburgh EH2
4DZ.  Registered in Scotland. Incorporated company limited by
shares.

Companies within this Group transact life assurance, pension,
permanent health, unit trust and investment trust business

All are regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.
Friends' Provident Unit Trust Managers Limited is also regulated
by IMRO.