Re: Kernel build error

No, it appears the culprit is binutils. I just tried to compile 2.4.12-ac3
+ Rik's vm patches and ld bombed out with the exact error described at
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=116041&repeatmerged=yes

Downgrade to 2.11.92.0.5-2 (it resolved the issue for me) and put binutils
on hold using apt/dselect/etc.

---
Dan Chen                 crimsun@email.unc.edu
GPG key: www.cs.unc.edu/~chenda/pubkey.gpg.asc