Re: Setting up a server for XDMCP

Yes.  You must edit xdm-config, commenting out the
appropriate line near the bottom.  You should now be able to
run X from a client, connecting to your server, with a
statement such as:

  /usr/bin/X11/X vt8 :1 -dpi 100 -broadcast

I am interested in learning a way to tunnel the XDMCP
messages, and all other X traffic, through OpenSSH.  It is
very convenient to run remote applications locally through a
tunnel once the SSH session is active, but I am not sure how
to go about securing communication made by X/XDMCP.  I would
like to run the entire X/XDMCP session through a secure
channel.

Hope my help gets you going.  Thanks goes to everyone who
could offer me a suggestion to get me going in the right
direction.

--
Adam John Henry
    <mail:hank@linuxfreemail.com> <gnupg:0x78194816>