Re: How can I get ntp working?

[Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 09:36:38AM -0500] Dave Sherohman :

> ntpdate sets the time to be correct now.

ntpdate sets  the system time after  syncing with the  time server.  Now
you have to update the hardware clock by doing a 'hwclock -w' before you
do a reboot/halt.  Have I gone wrong somewhere ?

> idea is that you run ntpdate  at boot (or on installation) to make the
> time correct, then run ntpd continuously to keep it correct.

Do we have  ntpdate symlinked in all run-levels ?  You  mean to say that
ntpdate should run before ntp ?  Do ntpdate and ntp read the same config
file ie. /etc/ntp.conf ?

--
ragOO, VU2RGU   http://gnuhead.net.dhis.org/ GPG: 1024D/F1624A6E
       Helping to keep the  Air-Waves FREE         Amateur Radio