Re: tomcat4.0+zeus3.3.7 on debian 2.2

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 03:14:09PM +1000, Marc-Adrian Napoli wrote:
> has anyone managed to get these two worknig together?
>
> I cant find *any* info about these two, although i can find plenty on tomcat
> 3.2 and zeus, as well as tomcat4.0 and apache 1.3.

The situation is that Tomcat 4.0 dropped (not just deprecated) support
for the "AJP" (Apache JServ Protocol) family of protocols that Zeus uses
to talk to Tomcat, and introduced a protocol called WARP for which we
(read: I, probably) haven't yet written any support.

There's add-on support for AJPv13 in Tomcat 4.0:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/~hgomez/ajp13-tc4.0/

We've tested this with the current pre-release version of Zeus, and it
works fine. However, older versions, including 3.3.7, didn't support
AJPv13. If you can find, write, or get someone to write support for
AJPv12 in Tomcat 4.0, you'll be fine, but other than that I'm afraid
you'll have to stick with Tomcat 3.x for now and wait a week or two for
the next release of Zeus.

The version of Debian shouldn't be an issue. A lot of us use Debian
internally, so you can be pretty sure that that'll keep working.

--
Colin Watson (Zeus developer for money, Debian developer for fun)