Re: WHERE DID PINE SOURCE & DIFFS GO IN WOODY

Dean Roman wrote:
> Where did the Pine source and diff .debs go in woody that were
> part of the potato release?

They were removed. There will be no more -src and -diff .deb's.

> Are they planned for addition to the woody release or discontinued?

In woody, pine is distributed in source-only form.
Install the `pine-tracker' package and follow the instructions.

> Can I use the same .debs from potato for woody? Has anybody tried this yet?

Yes, you can, but you might want to use pine_4.40-1 instead. It's safer
and fixes a lot of bugs from the ancient 4.21 in potato.