Freegeek non profit SHOULD use non-profit libré Linux distro.

 The first in-a-rut NERDO that clackers about "flame bait" or "flame
 war" get's "E" (gnus-summary-mark-as-expirable) pushed on the message
 and I go on to read the coherent responses. ;-) I've been LIFTING
 WEIGHTS and can push it hard and fast if I have to.  Wouldn't you
 rather I read your entire message instead?  Please treat this as a
 serious discussion, cow pokes.  My stream of concousness (the pasta,
 yeah.  It's a glop; overeditted glop or as I think of it glop?) style
 of writing may be difficult for some folks who got forced to sit all
 in a row and salute the flag and pray to it (quite the symbol of
 freedom; obey!  salute! recite it! shut up! don't touch that! be
 polite!) and got taught "proper" english normative grammar and have
 never burned a draft card or smoked a joint.

 It is my feeling that Freegeek (they don't use the needle nose pliers
 to smoke dope) is making a serious goof - faux paux?  (not my words)
 by installing Mandrake (A for-profit commercial Linux distribution)
 rather than Debian GNU/Linux, a distribution put together by a
 coalition of volunteer software engineers, under the auspices of a
 non-profit corporation.  (Software In the Public Interest, NY) The
 Debian folks are paid, (and not all of the pay is monetary); their
 paychecks come from various sources; debian is _part_ of their job;
 of their LIFE.  They share the work.  They share the kit.  Yes, it's
 a kit.  (Yes, I'm sure you are very disapointed by that.  Another
 darned kit.  <melodramatic-sigh/>

 Ok, my turn to sling a little fud and paranoia.  Maybe someone
 lobbied _them_ (freegeek; heretofore and henceforth and sobeeit to be
 known forever as "them" until they see the light and confess to
 wishing they'd joined the Debian family; we hope it's not too late)
 to use Mandrake who saw future customers?  If that's true, money,
 rather than engineering and communal ideals was the
 motivator... (begging your no doubt heated responses...)  Perhaps
 they just plain don't know any darn better.  Maybe they bought into
 that marketroid fud about Debian not being "secure".  Insecurity is
 relative?  To what?  Where's a nail biting computer security expert
 when you need one?  (apt-get install tusk-harden; urpmi fnjord) Oh
 yeah and just look at the consultants list for Debian supporters.  So
 there.  And it is NOT A RELIGION.  It is a LIFESTYLE.  Get it
 straight.  Gee whiz.

 They don't know anything at all about Debian; have never used it, nor
 have ever spent the time it takes to become familiar with the
 installer; the installer that rarely needs to be used more than once
 on the same machine; that you run once and for years and years after
 that you just upgrade and never see the installer again... that you
 RUN ONCE ON THE MASTER THAT YOU REPLICATE on every machine after
 that...  and the cost of development!?  Not paid for by slave labor
 at factories who shrink wrap (land fill fodder) and palletize cute
 little waste of natural resources penguin cartooned at $95 a box
 we'll (the upper management) be RICH RICH RICH!  bon bon bon; or by
 "doesn't pay the bills one life to live a hundred dollars a day-yay"
 bitching all day trying to get that insane man to get a job; but by
 people who are learning an awful lot more working on Debian than
 they'd learn in any usury funded college in the world; by people who
 work for firms that enjoy the prestige of "owning stock who can
 code"...  hahah.  Just a little joke; I'll put my tie right back on
 now <sarcastic-tone/SIR/... had it hanging in my nose ring while I
 had it off... enjoy sharing with the community who provided them with
 the basis they utilize to solve whatever problem it was that brought
 them to their knees before christ our god I swear I'll pay off that
 student loan massa!  ... To install Linux.  To "do it yourself".  To
 take responsibility themselves and shoulder a churl's fair
 load. (flash <peace-sign/>) (but only if you work on what I want you
 to work on and only if I can make a get rich quick eBuck with what you
 create for me and my customers and who really gives a shit about that
 arcane lisp anyway it doesn't pay the <usury> bills)

 But paid for with the time and effort of many people working in
 _concert_, who believe that there are more important things than
 little green men who... peices of paper.  A wheelbarrow full for a
 loaf of bread at $60,000 a year foreach programmer, admin, and
 whoever can use a computer well enough to warm body sits in the chair
 and wants to go live for real inflation.  Just think of how much
 manpower we are going to need in the future in this industry...
 Share the load; stream of conciousness fire off an email to the
 trouble ticket line and a few months later your wishlist bug is
 closed by upstream thank you for the idea now millions of people can
 enjoy the new feature.  Full stop. For a dollar two ninty five; and
 please send us a few billion more tons of potatos for our starving
 babies (we love to fuck too).

 But only if you pay the price. (Twisted Sister playing in the
 background... and all the games we've got to play, makes me
 wonder...)  Honest labor.  Hard work.  Community cooperation.  Fair
 play.  And hang all the lawyers... :-p Share and share alike; a slice
 of the pie, Money; it's a hit.

 If it's worth all that trucking around (burning fuel making a haze)
 the silly cash and CD's and shrink wrap garbage to add to the haze at
 the bottom line of greener than thou vow not to spill blood?  Go eat
 smoke.  Haze it's time for?  5o'clock Rocktober and you're hazing
 down the road in a putz everyone on their own station while I read a
 book on the train and talk to total strangers I meet there.  But you
 can afford it, you "hack" mandrake.  Riiiggghhht.  So you can afford
 to pollute becuase you work for a company that supports pollution?
 Oh, yeah; you install it for nothing.  Free software; they let you
 install it for free because they did not write it.  They only
 distribute it.  Why not pool their efforts with the mainstream?  They
 want control?  Riiggghhht...

 Alright what's the point?  I can't even argue straight.  Why should
 you be convinced?  Because DEBIAN IS BIGGER AND STRONGER THAN
 MANDRAKE.  It can run circles around it.  It can carry more weight.
 It's better.  It has more than four thousand (count them) packages.
 It gives you instant access to all of the source code.  Every tool
 you need.  If it's not there, submit a wishlist against "WNPP" (work
 needed and prospective packages) or just plain package it yourself
 and ask for a sponsor.  If it's broke, fix it.  Like that printer
 that Mr. Stallman had.  The one that started it all.  We share this;
 nobody owns it who can take it away at whim of usurconomy.  Market
 that.

 (Debian) It's a turtle, not a rabbit.  sic transit; sit on the
 tortoise a while and see if you can learn to hum a few bars.  If you
 get in, you get a vote.  One vote.  Hare-e. (vrroom; rooommm!) (hard
 to explain except in context) "apt-get source karlheg-simulator"
 hahahha.  You'd had to be there.  apt-get into it.

--
We are deB.ORG; you will be freed.
The Red Wire's Resistance is mutable.