Re: offtopic: perldoc

On 15 Oct 2001 12:19:16 +0200, "Timo \"Blazko\" Boewing" writes:
>I am trying to get the perl core documentation, as found on
>
>http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6/pod/
>
>It is nice, there I can see the online docs, but no ways to get the
>offline version as an tarball etc. Either, wget won't also work with
>simple params (wget --recursive URL). So, my question[s]:
>
>a) am I too stupid to get it or
>b) is O'Reilly hiding offline docs from the user to let them buy the
>books (well, perl is open source, its doc not?)

waldner@wz:~$ t www.perldoc.com 80
Trying 216.71.193.231...
Connected to www.perldoc.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6/pod/ HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:16:57 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.4 (Unix) FrontPage/4.0.4.3
Last-Modified: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 23:09:38 GMT
ETag: "1bc083-0-3b980232"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

So what do you get? Yup, nothing. And although ICBW, both Opera and
 Netscape agree with me.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- "A difference between computers and cars is that computers
--  usually do not kill people who will not adapt to them.