Re: DVD Player Software

Harry Henry Gebel <hgebel@home.com> writes:

> I have a Pentium II, 266 MHz, with 128 MB of RAM. Is this
> sufficient to play DVDs using a software player?

It probably is, but may not be depending on the disk and the player.
Linux software players are generally not as highly optimized as
Windows player.  With a PIII 700, unstable's vlc, and Xv output, I
still drop more frames in some scenes than I should.  (Sometime I'll
get around to trying out different players and making sure all
relevant optimization is enabled, which is not the case for Debian
builds (of vlc at least) so it will work on most machines.)

Best recommendation is to try things out for yourself.

Star Trek Lives!