Re: Building modules with make-kpkg

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 01:25:54PM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> I've build a custom kernel using make-kpkg, but I'm now getting a new
> sound card so I need to build a module.  Would it be possible to build a
> package which just contains the new module from the source tree, or do I
> have to rebuild an entire kernel package just to get a new module?

I don't know about using kpkg, but you can easily do this the old
fashioned way. Just enter the source directory and select the module
you want using `make menuconfig` or `make xconfig`. Then run `make
dep` (if it tells you to), followed by `make modules` and `make
modules_install`. That's it! You won't even need to reboot.

--
John Patton                      patton66@home.com

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of
choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing
to be achieved." - William Jennings Bryan