Re: Debian books

At 16:22 15.10.2001, you wrote:

*** PGP Signature Status: unknown
*** Signer: Unknown, Key ID x3A91933C
*** Signed: 15.10.2001 16:22:44
*** Verified: 15.10.2001 16:27:29
*** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

I have GNU/Debian Bible (based on potato) and another from Unleashed (called Debian 2.1, or so I think).

I think the first is a fine book but for advanced users it looses for the latter. Although Unleashed's a bit dated, I'm sticking with it.

Same here : Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 Unleashed.

I'd give 3 start of five for it. It's fairly good book to Debian
and Linux overall. However everthing isn't there, just essentials
about everything with basics behind them explained well. But I don't
know which book  has *everything*.

Only problem with it is that is for 2.1. Network is setup bit diffrently
under 2.2. but otherwise there aren't big diffrences in what comes
to it. I also like to keep it around, for reference altough I don't nowdays
have lots of reason to look it anymore. It was good when learning, now
I feel it is bit shallow altough very extensive book about Debian/linux
including  basic of bash, installing, network, security and devlopment
etc.

Maybe it isn't for total newbie, but I think is quite clear
and easy to read book,  if I think any other  of books about computers
or OS:es I've readed.

I recommended it fully, but one can't rely to just one book. Personal
initiave and reserach is must.

Antti