Compiling pcmcia support under kernel 2.4.9

I've installed and tailored Bunk's 2.4.9 kernel. Now I want to install pcmcia support from Bunk's stuff.
I've read in pcmcia-cs README-2.4.9 that now with 2.4.x kernels I can compile either the support for pcmcia directly into the kernel or compile the modules coming with pcmcia-cs themselves.

Am I right?

Is there any difference in one option with respect to the other?

And finally how pcmcia modules are compiled under potato?

Ciao
Vittorio