Error messages during Woody installation

Hello,

Entire weekend I failed to install Woody with ext3 support. During
installation of the base system, I get the following error message:

Failure trying to run: chroot /target
dpkg --force-auto-select --force-overwrite --force

I get this error independently of which flavor of installation diskettes I
use. It goes fine if I first install Potato, then upgrade to Woody, but then
I'm stuck with the ext2 file system.

Do I have to wait until Debian fixes the installation system or is there
something I can do?

Regards,

Mikael Petersson