Re: GCC and Palm SDK configuration problem

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 19:27:20 -0400, Akintayo Holder <akintayo@acm.org> wrote:

[snip]

> thanks!.
> the -I switch works, but is there a way to do it without specifying each
>   directory.

Not that I'm aware of.  Typically, if header files are structured like
this, the easy way to handle includes is in the sources:

 #include <Core/System/System.h>

However, if the PalmOS headers themselves don't do this, then you need
to include all of the directory paths for gcc to search.  A little use
of Makefile variables can make it easier to manage.  Who cares if it
looks ugly on the command line when compiling?

> This is ugly - even if it is in a make file
>
> gcc -c hello.c -I/usr/m68k-palmos-coff/include/PalmOS/Core/System  \
>
> -I/usr/m68k-palmos-coff/include/PalmOS/Core/Hardware \
>
> -I/usr/m68k-palmos-coff/include/PalmOS \
>
> -I/usr/m68k-palmos-coff/include/PalmOS/Core/UI \
>
> -I/usr/m68k-palmos-coff/include/PalmOS/Core \
>
> -I/usr/m68k-palmos-coff/include/PalmOS/Dynamic \
>
> -I/usr/m68k-palmos-coff/include/PalmOS/Libraries

PALM_INCDIR = /usr/m68k-palmos-coff/include/PalmOS

PALM_CORE_INC = "$PALM_INCDIR/Core"

Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>