Re: Lock ups with kernel 2.4.10 & 2.4.12

* Morgan Terry (zombie-m@bigfoot.com) spake thusly:
> I know this probably isn't debian related, but I figured I'd ask
> here anyway.  My system is locking solid whenever I either (a)
> exit X windows, or (b) switch to a VT from X (i.e. Ctrl-Alt-F2),
> or (c) the console blanker comes on.  I have this happen with
> kernels 2.4.10 and 2.4.12.  I am running 2.4.8 right now, and I
> don't get the lockups with this kernel.  I haven't tried 2.4.9.
> I've searched google (web and groups) with no success.  Anyone
> know what's up with this?

I haven't seen this with 2.4.10, but I had one lock-up with 2.4.12
when switching from X to vc (and I think Midnight Commander started
screen saver on that vc). No idea what's causing it,
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK is my main suspect.

Dima
--
The wombat is a mixture of chalk and clay used for respiration.      -- MegaHal