Getting ez-ipupdate to work

Good Day,

Has anyone managed to get ez-ipupdate to successfully update their
dynamic DNS information?  If so, can you tell me how you did it?

My wife and I previously used the services offered by hn.org, but were
manually updating the information any time we were assigned a new IP
address.  ez-ipupdate claims to support hn.org, so I installed it and
tried to configure it by modifying one of the examples and putting "hn"
in for the service-type field.  It claimed to be working, and logged
that it successfully updated the information, but the address that our
host name actually resolved to was not being updated.  I waited for
about 20 minutes and nothing.  After a manual update, it went through
within a minute.

So I thought I'd try a different service type.  The page for Gnudip on
Sourceforge gives a list of servers, so we signed up with dyn.sdk.ca and
tried that one.  I copied the gnudip example and entered our username /
password information.  Now it tells me something about invalid
information to complete the specified request.

Any pointers would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Jason Bleazard