Re: Faulty apache configuration problems

On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 11:51:55PM -0500, John Foster wrote:
> Alson van der Meulen wrote:
>
> > look like some libapache-perl or whatever that package is called is
> > missing
> Thanks but, I am using the apache-perl.deb that has perl statically
> linked to apache--not mod perl.
> Any other ideas?
If you just installed the binary deb, and didn't introduce any errors
(e.g. config syntax errors), I guess it's a bug in the package. Are you
running potato? woody? unstable?

I assume you're running woody.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=111764&repeatmerged=yes

This bugs looks like your problem, you could try downloading the
apache-perl (and maybe apache-common) from unstable, and look if that
works better. Otherwise, look if Apache.pm is in /usr/lib/perl/5.6.0
instead of 5.6.1, and copy it to 5.6.1. The bug appears to be fixed in
version 1.3.20-1-1.25-5, and woody only has 1.3.19-1.25-4. So try the
unstable version, possibly building it from source, or move Apache.pm
from 5.6.0 to 5.6.1 as workaround.

HTH,
Alson