gravis eliminator aftershock gamepad in Linux

I'm not sure where to even start on this one. Alright, this is a USB
joystick which is available here:

http://www.gravis.com/products/pro_eli_d1022.html

I've created a /dev/js0 device for this gamepad and jstest detects it
and I can press all the buttons and whatnot and they respond.

However, in emulators such as snes9x, the program likes to use the
analog controller at the top-left. I want it to use the 8-way
directional controller instead. Otherwise, the gamepad more or less
seems to work.

I know this isn't exactly a priority issue for most of you guys, but I'd
appreciate any help.

Also, in my kernel, I have GrIP support disabled. Should this be
enabled?

Thanks.

Titus Barik (barik@techspot.com)
AIM: TBarik  ICQ: 1604453