Re. Star Office 6

Tommi Komulainen wrote:

Just a thought, you weren't planning to do anything productive with, or
did you?  If you did, guess you'd better reconsider:

This message caused me to reconsider the several years that I have fooled around with linux. Maybe it is just a computer game, not a serious tool. It doesn't crash like Windows, but no matter how well things are going, a new problem always arises. In the absence of good documentation, the best way to solve a problem is to go to this web site. But a tool is something that works when you need it and doesn't continuously call attention to itself.

I suppose that this will offend real linux enthusiasts for whom building linux is the goal. However, for ordinary people like me, what is wanted is a reliable tool at least as good as Windows, without subservience to Microsoft.
I shall continue to play the linux game, but regrettably depend on Windows for serious work. Would that it were otherwise.