Re: /sbin/ipchains: host/network `domain.name' not found - SOLVED

Sorry to be posting a followup to my own question, but I solved this.

I was using ipmasq to set up rules which needed to resolve external
domain names before actually allowing external traffic... A bit stupid,
but there it is.

Putting my rules in post-processing rules files:

/etc/ipmasq/P30internal.rul
/etc/immasq/P90external.rul

which are executed after the internal and external input files in which I
initially put them:

/etc/ipmasq/I30internal.rul
/etc/ipmasq/I90external.rul

solved it.

> I'm running Debian GNU-linux 2.2r3 (potato) and trying to set up firewall
> rules with sources and destinations specified as domain names rather than
> IP addresses.
>
> The problem is that ipchains returns an error:
>
> /sbin/ipchains: host/network `domain.name' not found
> Try `/sbin/ipchains -h' or '/sbin/ipchains --help' for more information.
>
> The host this is running on can resolve the domain names OK.
>
> Anyone know what could be wrong?
>
> Thanks and best regards,

George Karaolides       8, Costakis Pantelides St.,
tel:   +35 79 68 08 86                   Strovolos,
email: george@karaolides.com       Nicosia CY 2057,
web:   www.karaolides.com      Republic  of Cyprus