Re: OT (Re: Software DVD players)

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Hall Stevenson wrote:

> > DVD software on a computer gives me Freedom from
> >
> > 1) Forced advertisements
> > 2) Forced FBI warnings
>
> Since I don't have a PC-based DVD player, I skipped the first
> messages in this thread. What software is recommended that
> does the two things above ??

None of the software DVD players for Linux respect navigational controls.
This is probably because most of them don't understand navigation at all!

If I buy a DVD I *really* don't feel like having $CORP dictate how, when,
and where I can watch it.  Thus, the PC is the only DVD player for me.

I *do* have a regular DVD player, but I've never used it for watching
movies.  I use it to listen to CDs.  It turns out that a really nice DVD
player costs less and works better than single-disc CD players on the
market today.

-jwb