Re: potato -> woody on multiple machines

"Karsten M. Self" wrote:

> on Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 07:16:09PM +1300, Richard Hector (rhector@actrix.gen.nz) wrote:
> > After apt-get dis-upgrading one box, am I ok to just tar up
> > /var/cache/apt/archives and dump it on the other?
>
> Yes.
>
> Run an 'update' after anyway, you should find there's little changed.

Thanks.

I did that (before I got your reply), but I'm guessing I did something
(else) wrong, because my system ended up horribly broken. Or at least X
was. So I backed up /home/richard to another machine and installed woody
from scratch, from the boot floppies.

It's working nicely now :-)

Well - mostly. But I'll leave that for another thread.

Richard