Re: [Emu10k1-tools-devel] Re: emu10k1 for debian

Hi,

The rule of thumb is:

-Older driver (post kernel 2.4.8), newer tools: ok
-Newer driver, older tools: not ok
-Really old driver ( driver version 0.7 or earlier - before 2.4.8 and
any 2.2.x): not ok, use "dm" tool instead
(http://opensource.creative.com/dist.html).

If you find this isn't true, report a bug to:
emu10k1-devel@opensource.creative.com

The mixer and tone controls were improved and a few bugs were fixed in the
new kernel (2.4.11-12), the people who were having problems may want to
upgrade. (or install the driver from CVS)

--
Daniel Bertrand