RE:Nvidia Gforce2 / "no screens available"

techlists@techgod.net writes:
 > I installed Debian, and upgraded to Woody.  I have an Nvidia Gforce
 > 2 64meg video card.  I installed XFree86 4, and followed all the
 > settings but when I try to start X it errors saying there are "no
 > screens available"

Take a look in /var/log/XFree86.0.log for the exact error.  It's
probably just a problem with the Device, Monitor or Screen sections in
your XF86Config-4.

Then take a look at /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.  Check for the section that
starts with 'Section "Screen"' and look at the Device entry.  Look for
the Device Section with the corresponding Identifier.  Make sure the
driver is correct and actually exists.  Similarly, check the Monitor
Section.  Also make sure your monitor supports the Modes and Depths in
the Display section.  If you have NVidia's binary drivers, make sure
that they're installed correctly, and that you're actually using them.

Andrew.