Re: dhcp client bugs?

I haven't found pump to be terribly reliable in talking to my local
@home DHCP server(s)... I ended up removing it and instead using dhcpcd.
That, at least, reliably pulls an IP, as long as I make sure there's no
cache file available to it before it attempts to negotiate.

It sounds like what they're trying to tell you is that supposedly your
box negotiated for an IP, and began using it, but the DHCP server at
their end tried to award the IP to another client afterward.  Is this something
that happened as soon as your box negotiated for the IP, or did it
happen when you tried to renew the lease?  If they're going to make
these claims, the least that they could do is tell you where the
negotiation broke down.