potato on 486

Hi,

I have been trying to get Debian installed on a 486 that does not know how to boot from the CDROM. I was able to get to the CD with a Windows 98 startup diskette and execute boot.bat in the install directory.

I got as far as the "Install Operating System Kernel and Modules" I need to choose the installation medium. The choices are first and second floppies or currently mounted filesystem. If I choose currently mounted filesystem I need to give a directory. I don't know what that is. It is not /dev/hdc1. I can execute a shell but I can't seem to mount anything which helps.

Are there any tools available to that shell that will help me?

Any other ideas?

TIA,

Paul Scott