Re: Graphics Card problem

If you have problems even getting the SVGA 16 colour X server,
going you can even do the upgrade from the command line.
You'll have to learn about modifying the /etc/apt/sources.list
file, but it is actually fairly easy to upgrade your system.

What I did with my ATI Xpert2000 graphic card based system was
to install Debian 2.2r3 (potato) from the CDs, edit the
sources.list file, update the package database, upgrade the potato
installation, change the /etc/apt/sources.list file again so
that it points towards testing, update the package database again
and upgrade the  distribution. I used the apt-get dselect-upgrade
command for the last step.

Then you just have to configure your X system again.
With the apt package management system, a distribution upgrade is a lot
easier than it sounds.

Good luck.

Tony