Re: howto avoid connection reset by peer with ssh

* Alejandro Diego Garin (linuxero2@yahoo.com) [011010 12:59]:
> hello linuxfriends:
>
> The firewall of my company is reseting my conections with ssh when is idle 3
> minutes or something like these.
> How  can I prevent this with the ssh client on my Linux? I need to send every
> 2 minutes a "x" caracter to don't lose my session................

what version of ssh are you using?

My openssh (OpenSSH_2.9p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f)

has 2 options KeepAlives and ProtocolKeepAlives documented in the
manpage. By default, KeepAlive (tcp-level) is on, and ProtocolKeepAlives
is 0 (disabled). Try reading up on and/or playing with those.

good times,

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.