Re: What shared library is getaddrinfo() in?

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 12:33:18PM -0400, Stan Brown wrote:
>  I have a new potato (with 2.4.9 kernel) machine that flatly will not
>  rlogin to itslef. It rlgin's to other machines just fine, and ohter
>  machines can rlogin to it fine.
>
>  I think the problem may be in the libraty routine getaddrinfo()
>
>  What shared library contains this?

It's in libc6.

>  I have a working machine that is configure similarly, and I'm
>  thinnking of pulling over that shared library for it to try.

Chances are that it's some other DNS configuration issue, possibly the
combination of a lack of a reverse (IP -> name) lookup for that machine
and paranoid TCP wrapper checking. I wouldn't try replacing libc6 until
you've exhausted all other avenues of investigation.