Re: Per-user default window manager

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 10:39:49AM -0500, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> When using wdm, is there any way to set up a per-user default window
> manager?  update-alternatives only allows for a per-system default,
> AFAICT.

The version of wdm in woody and sid makes this a good deal easier than
the potato version.  The new version has a "default" option in the start
WM menu, which allows the user's ~/.xsession file to be used.  Then they
can just put 'wmaker' or 'kde2' or whatever in their .xsession file.

Potato's wdm didn't have this option, so things are a good bit more
difficult.  There have been a number of changes between potato's wdm and
later versions.  I think, though, that you should be able to rebuild a
new wdm .deb on potato without too much difficulty.

noah
(wdm maintainer)