Re: ytalk...

Thanks for the response...

I checked the /etc/default/devpts and it has 620 as the mode and indeed
the guid is 5... So that is ok...

I don't know much about the contents of all the .bashrc and all those
files in users directories and /etc/default and /etc/skel/*, I couldn't
see anything that explicitly denyed messages, but all the users, including
me have the same files....

One thing I noticed is that from my username (the one that does receive
ytalk prompts) if i issue a write <otheruser> i get the <otheruser> has
messages disabled. And if if do a write <theuserthatworks> from
<otheruser> i get: you have write permissions turned off...

Now, that may be the problem... But how do I change it???

This is a debian system that I installed yesterday and it has not been
customized, so all the files have not changed from an original potato
instalation v2.2 r3...

Thank you in advance!