Re: Debian GNU/Linux as email & DNS server

* Davi Leal <david.leal@ene.es> [2001.10.09 10:39:16+0200]:
> I am going to use a debian box as email and DNS server. The goal is duplicate
> the functionality of a host which is using sendmail, xinetd (pop3) & bind. I
> have thought to use:

which version of bind? v9.x is only in woody...
which pop3d?
which sendmail?

> Note: I have choosen debian as default option due to its 'apt-get' utility. It
> is easy install the automatic system of fixing security bug using the proper
> debian server, althought debian does not offer a Journaling FS or a
> installation over software RAID.

not yet. because no journaling FS is ready for production yet. and
software RAID is a kernel thing, not Debian... (IIANM)

you will be run over by a beer truck.