Re: Can I convert an ext2 fs to Resierfs?

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 01:08:26PM -0400, Hall Stevenson wrote:
>> Its interesting that people don't really seem to think
>> much of ext3 but in my experience it is superb.
>
>I've been using it for about 3 months or so and have no
>complaints. The most appealing thing for me was the *simple*
>conversion to it -- no reformat needed.

tune2fs -i 0 -c 0 /dev/hdxx

Once you make the move to ext3 running the above command means that
the machine just boots without any nonsense about clean or not clean
umounts.

But is there any need to check the fs from time to time or can I
assume that my little box now has the type of resilience that users of
BeOS used rave about?

Patrick