xcdroast problems

I've installed the xcdroast.deb package coming with potato (I think v.0.95).

Now I've had a go at burning an audio (music) CD using "create audio
CD". It all has seemed to go ok. I've copied ten tracks from the
original CD to the hd (and seen them all on the hardisk) then I've
written a CD-R on the CDburner.

What I've got in the end is a CD where the tracks have been burned (on
my CD player I can jump from one track to another randomly) but
there's no music but strange sounds/noises coming out.

What should I do?

Vittorio