Re: kdm, blackbox, and .xinitrc

On Mon, 08 Oct 2001 23:27:49 -0400 (EDT), Alexander N Gould <agould@student.umass.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Eric G. Miller wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 08 Oct 2001 23:03:58 -0400 (EDT), Alexander N Gould <agould@student.umass.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > My .xinitrc file does not seem to run when I start a blackbox session form
> > > kdm.  It has the executable permission set, and I have not modified any of
> > > the global config files.  Am I forgetting something?  Sorry if the answer
> > > is obvious - I am new at this.  Thanks.
> >
> > Rename it to ~/.xsession.
> >

> Thanks; I tried that, but still nothing happens.  Any other ideas, please?

Maybe you could clarify.  Does blackbox get started?  Does some other
window manager get started?  Does nothing happen?  I'm not too familiar
with kdm these days, does it give you an option about what type of
session to start?  If so, did you choose "Xsession" or "Debian"?

I'm assuming you ~/.xinitrc is working if you issue "startx" from a
console...?

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>